Tuesday, June 24, 2008

Fire Season

We've had a few fires already this year. I just checked the news. and it said that Northern California has over 800 fires. I woke up this morning, looked out my window and couldn't see the mountains. It is so smoky here! They are telling everyone to stay inside. EKK!!!!!

Every Patron that has walked in the Library this morning has commented about the air... oh my heck this is going to get OLD!!! FAST!!!

Ira and I took the quads up the mountain behind our house yesterday. I had forgotten that we had a fire up there just a few months ago. It was bad!!! I couldn't believe how much it spread.

2 comments:

ann said...

how close are they?

Sorry they are so bad this year! You have fires and we have rain and flooding! Well not us but midwest area. When will it all end?

Trudy Filbert said...

be careful! Wind and rain we can get away from, but fire comes and gets ya.