Wednesday, March 18, 2009

Library Card Catalog



They were the hub of the library. Dozens of small drawers just large enough to hold an index card awaited each patron that entered the building.
With paper and pencil in hand, patrons stood thumbing through the listings ready to jot down the coded typewritten numbers from cards that would direct us to the precise aisle housing the book we were searching for.







All of those perfect drawers all the same size... Each having it's own label so you could tell what is exactly inside...

The perfect invention for a person with OCD!

I'm on the hunt for the perfect invention, The Library Card catalog!

4 comments:

Darcy said...

I never did notice- our library doesn't have a card catalog. Aren't they obsolite anyway with the invention of computer filing system?

Ruthykins said...

some day i would love to own a card catalogue cabinet. i need a bunch of little drawers to put little things into.

michelle said...

You crack me up!! What the crap would you fill each drawer with. My personanlity is such that I have to fill any and all empty spaces....Have you seen my house? I will keep my eayes pealed for ya!!

ann said...

I would love these also!!! Remember when I asked for you to see if the Elkhart lib. had any? they did but wouldn't give them up. So now they are going to rot! if you find some let me know!