Saturday, December 27, 2008

Classic Coltrin Christmas

Christmas Morning Ira and I woke up about 8ish and opened presants. He of course out did himself like he always does. I've been asking for a ipod or an mp3 player for the last few years. and This year he FINALLY got me a ZUNE!!!!! WAHOO!!!! I've already put things on it like crazy!!! I love it! I of course got him his usual outdoors items.

For Christmas we all (the whole famdamnly) gather at the parents home and open presents and of course stuff ourselves with candy and then finally gorge ourselves with Christmas dinner. Well this year, we got a call from my MIL saying that she was taking my FIL to the ER. EKK!!!!! He noticed that he had a blood clot in his leg. Well about 1:00 They let us know that all is well and to come on over. So after making the Filbert Family rolls (sorry no recipe ancient Chinese secret) and a bunch of chocolate covered yummy goodness, we headed over there. We opened presents and played games. gorged ourselves on food.

It was such a pleasant day. until.... I hear LOUD SCREAMS AND YELLING!!!! What the crap is going on I say to myself.... :P I then hear my BIL say to my SIL you hold him I'll drive! and hear the door SLAM! I walk out into the living room and my MIL says my nephew just cracked is forehead open on the coffee table. Now you have to understand that my nephew just so happens to be the most clumsy little 3 year old I know. that morning he was just sitting on a chair at the table and just fell off hit his and and hurt his little crotch area poor little kid. I think he's been in the ER about 3 or 4 times in the past 3 years. So when I heard that he hit his head. I just started to laugh. I know MEAN AUNT!!!!! Well I did feel bad for him. I don't want the little bugar to be hurt. He really is a sweet boy....sometimes. Well we finally hear from them an hour or so later and he ended up with 7 stitches. All is well with him, He gets his stitches out on Tuesday.

What a day, Begin it in the ER and end it in the ER.

7 comments:

Aaron and crystal said...

wow sounds like we missed out this year :)

Amy said...

wow and I thought our Christmas was exciting....not!!!! glad all is well!

EmmaP said...

i was a clumsy little kid too. though amazingly enough, i only ended up in the ER about 3 times throughout my whole childhood. oh wait, make that 4...

Leah said...

Haha! I started to chuckle when I read this. I could see you all sitting around and watching the whole ordeal take place! Memories....

Darcy said...

Fun times.

Ruthykins said...

oh, yeah! it was super fun! by the way, LOVE the new layout! fer cute!

Amy said...

nice background!!!!